Search This Blog

Saturday, June 7, 2008

Precious Farewells and Precious Prayers


Yesterday morning I bid farewell to two precious people in my life (tomorrow we also leave Charlie behind at the kennel for a day). My daughter Rebekah and my grandson Elijah were going on a camping trip for mothers and children to Lincoln Rock State Park in Wenatchee. I told them I would be praying for them, and Rebekah remarked that she was more worried about me on the bike than about her and Elijah camping. I told her that she didn't have to worry, because there would be hundreds of people praying for me. Since they won't be home until after we leave for Canada, their departure meant that I won't see them again until July 3, Lord willing. In the meantime, the only thing I can do to bless and protect them is pray. Worrying won't help; praying will!

By this post, I am asking for your prayers for my Sabbatical ride. Because we have a loving Father who is eager to hear and answer our prayers, we can count on them being powerful and effective. Here is a list of some prayer requests:
- Safety and protection for Rebekah and Elijah at home.
- Obedience and self-control for Elijah.
- Safety for Diana in the car as she drives my support vehicle.
- Little rain and favorable wind as I ride my bike.
- Strength and perseverance on my bike.
- Good health throughout the ride.
- Safety and protection on the road while I ride.

These are just a few of many that I could list. Please feel free to add your own. From the sounds of the weather forecast, the first four or more days of my ride look very cool and wet. Special prayers would be appreciated for favorable riding conditions and tenacity on my part to get through the initially bad weather.

Thank you for your prayers. They are deeply appreciated.

See you tomorrow for a preview of Day One, Monday's ride beginning at Alder Grove, British Columbia.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I hope you and Mom made it to your destination safely. I love you both!!

Anonymous said...

Happy riding! May the rain go around you :)

Praying for your safe return and for Elijah w/o his papa!