Search This Blog

Thursday, July 29, 2010

Who Will Not Fear God?

One of the things I love about cycling is being out in God's creation. Before I moved to Texas I lived in Washington State. There was some awesome scenery there inculding Mt. Rainier, rushing mountain streams, and trees as tall as the sky. One of my favorite rides took me down to Puget Sound to enjoy the smell of the saltwater. But the Texas Hill Country has it's own beauty too. There are the evergreen live oaks, the cactus, the hills and valleys around every corner. Being able to ride through God's creation at 15 or 20 miles and hour in the open air on a bike gives you an appreciation of nature that you can't get on the freeway at 75 miles an hour.

I thought of all the beautiful sights I've seen on my bike as I read Revelation 15 this morning. Verses three and four include this song: "Great and marvelous are your deeds, Lord God Almighty. Just and true are your ways, King of the ages. Who will not fear you, O Lord, and bring glory to your name?" My sentiments are the same as those who sang the song of Moses in heaven. "Who will not fear you?" When I see the wonders of creation I cannot help but give glory to God.

Sadly, there are some who do not see it the same way. Their eyes have been blinded and their minds are held captive by Satan. Back in March I wrote about this in my blog and had one person post vile comments on my blog because I believed in creation, not evolution. He declared himself an atheist and proclaimed that anyone who believes in God is a moron and worse. He is not alone. Today there are several vocal atheists with best selling books who stridently condemn anyone who is "foolish" enough to believe in God. Richard Dawkins, Daniel Dennett, Christopher Hitchens and others refuse to acknowledge the glory of God in his creation, and will not give Him glory.

Those of us who have eyes to see how great and marvelous are the deeds of God in creation should thank God that He has made himself known to us. And those of us who can see how just and true God is in the cross of Jesus Christ should rejoice and give God glory for the salvation He has given us through His Son. In doing so we will join the saints in heaven in praising God and the question will be answered positively which asks, "Who will not fear God?" NOT US! We fear, love, and trust in God who first loved us by creating us and the beautiful world we live in, and by redeeming us through His own Son.

Pray for those who will not fear God. They cannot see the wonders of the Creator even though they are right in front of them. They see only "random accumulations of molecules" and "accidents of nature." Pray that the veil Satan has put over their eyes will be lifted, and they will soon join us in fearing God and glorifying Him.

No comments: